Sunday, July 25, 2010

Quotes of the week

You know how your kids say something really funny and you think you'll remember it forever? Well, no matter how hard I try to remember, I forget. Then I wish I had taken the time to write down those funny moments. So here's my feeble attempt to keep up with those funny moments...
Adam: "Clay is amazed with his new truck. I rode with him the other day and all he could talk about was how amazing his truck was and all the things it can do. I think he's in love with it."

Adam: (A little background: my dad was complaining about the traffic in a nearby town) "Well Papa, you know the reason they are all in town is to celebrate Mom's birthday. It is a national celebration you know!"

This one wins the "snarky" comment of the week. Background....it is 11 PM on a Sat. night. He's hungry and tired which make a deadly combination. I hear him scratching around in the kitchen looking for something to eat. He comes to my bedroom door to ask if we have any mayo. We don't because I'm trying to get rid of the preservatives and I made a batch of homemade mayo. He isn't too pleased with my efforts to rid the kitchen of preservatives...

Zach: "What do you do when you go to the grocery store? Stand and stare at the wall for 30 minutes?"

OK, for some reason that one just cracks me up. Maybe is has to do with the fact that I can go to grocery store and within 5 seconds of walking through the door completely forget what I needed to buy.

1 comment:

Leah Adams said...

Oh my....how funny!!

Leah