Tuesday, July 27, 2010

2010 Canning Season has begun

Peach Pie Filling

I'm getting a late start on this year's canning season. My garden is so bad that it is embarrassing. I should probably just pull up the tomato plants and put them out of their misery. Thankfully, my dad always has a garden with plenty to share. I've canned blueberry syrup, blueberry butter, and peach pie filling this week. I hope to get started on green beans and tomatoes tomorrow. I bought a new Ball Canning book this winter and I'm itching to try out a few new recipes.

I've also created a new blog to keep all my recipes. I'm always coming across a new recipe on the internet and then promptly forgetting about it. My hope is to create a virtual recipe box as a reference.


2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

YOu are my canning hero, Amy. I just finished 5 pints and 24 half pints of blackberry jam. I hope it is good. Your peach pie filling looks tasty!! Might have to have that recipe. Where did you get your peaches?

Leah

Williams Arena said...

Leah-I bought the peaches from the older gentleman selling out of his truck on the Young Harris Hwy. He plans to have plenty for a couple more weeks.