Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Thoughts....

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14
I'm in the middle of winter blues so I'll probably post lots of flower pictures from last summer. I'm ready for spring.

I have a tendency to "stew" over things. I get upset about something and I replay the conflict over and over in my mind. Last week at work I found myself caught up in a conflict. Saturday morning I was still thinking about the situation when my first memory verse for 2010 came to mind. Walk humbly, act justly, love mercy...

Memory verses are fine and dandy, however, they are meaningless if you don't apply them to your life. If there isn't a visible change in your attitude and heart, then you might as well just memorize a poem or song lyrics. The Lord nudged my heart and told me I was wrong in how I was dealing with the conflict. My attitude and heart needed an adjustment. I prayed for forgiveness and made a conscious decision to let go of the conflict. I'm praying that I will walk humbly, act justly, and love mercy.

Last night I was reading through the blogs I visit on a regular basis. Lysa posted this on her site: http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2010/01/best-conflict-remedy.html.

I'm printing this off and taping it to my desk at work!

No comments: