Saturday, December 26, 2009

Knitting frenzy

The frenzy started innocently enough....just one hat.  I knitted it on the way to New Orleans over Thanksgiving break.

Then I decided to knit a hat for each of the boys. Finished those and decided I had enough yarn to make a hat for each of the twins. Realized I couldn't leave out Seth and Avery so I knitted two more hats. Before you knew it, everyone had a new hat for Christmas.
Back row: Clay is holding Cage, Zach, Avery is holding Colton.  Front row:  Seth & Adam - Christmas night at Granny & Papa's house.

4 comments:

Val said...

Oh I love it. This is another thing on my list that I want to learn this year!

Leah Adams said...

Amy, I am in awe at you. Canning, knitting... you put the rest of us to shame.

I'm going to do some canning next summer....knitting....probably not.

Happy New Year!!

Leah

AmyW said...

Leah, I took a knitting class at Mountain Yarn. It is such a great store. They offer classes all the time. It is fun to sit around a table with ladies of all different ages and learn to knit.

Knitting has become my stress releaser. I wish I had more time to join a knitting group. Unfortunately most of them meet in the mornings. There is something very sweet about sitting around a table knitting together.

AmyW said...

Oh and Leah...if you saw my house (especially my laundry room), you'd see that I'm no June Cleaver. I have a tendency to let anything and everything distract me from cleaning the house.