Friday, November 28, 2008

What I'm Thankful for

Everyone gathered at my aunt's house (Granny/Papa's house) for Thanksgiving.  My sister drove down with her family and my brother and his family joined us later on that evening. 

We feasted on turkey, dressing, several casseroles, and the most wonderful (but lethal) pecan pie.  I almost slipped into a diabetic coma, it was that good.

The holidays aren't quite the same because Granny and Papa aren't there to enjoy them with us.  I have spent almost every single Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, and a varied assortments of birthdays gathered around their kitchen table.  Time stands still in that house.  The assortment of tiny roosters are still sitting on the shelves by the kitchen windows.  The same kitchen table, the same harvest gold oven, the same dishes in the china cabinet that have been there as long as I can remember.  My guys have grown up spending holidays in a kitchen that is almost the same as the one where I spent my childhood holidays. 

 I'm thankful for a family that enjoys spending time with each other.  I'm thankful for children that LIKE hanging out with their family. We are blessed.

We gathered up all the grandkids for a picture.  Any idea how hard it is to get 8 people looking at the camera at the same time?  

Clay and Cage 

No comments: