Monday, June 7, 2010

The last of the beach pictures...I promise

We drove to Corolla Beach for our last night. This beach requires 4-wheel drive. We loaded up everyone in the back of Bob's truck and headed down the beach.
You can see why a 4-wheel drive is needed. We looked at a rental house in this area. It was beautiful but not easily accessible. You had to drive at least two miles down the beach before you reached the houses. We didn't even attempt to go to the end of the island. We were afraid we'd get stuck.
Final beach picture...and a good visual reminder to start that diet when I get home.


There are wild horses that roam the Corolla beach area. As we were leaving we spotted this group. The sun and the horses were all in the wrong spots to get a good picture.
Adam and Cage (my nephew).
Zach and Colton - They kinda bonded on this trip. Colton's personality reminds me so much of Zachary when he was that age.
Final picture of the grandparents and grandkids (minus Clay who had to stay at home and start college).

It was a great trip.




2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

I have loved these pics, Amy. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Leah

Cindy said...

I would love to have driven to the end of the island. A secluded beach with very few people is my idea of paradise! I have enjoyed all your beach pictures.