Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tired....

This time last year I barely had the energy to decorate the Christmas tree.  The THOUGHT of dragging out everything literally wore me out.  Not to mention the fact that at some point it would  all have to be packed back up.  I was exhausted.  All I could think about was sleeping.  I finally went to the doctor in January and tested positive for the Epstein-Barr virus.  I had a rip-roaring case of mono.  I suspect I picked it up on a mission trip to New Orleans.  

I would come home and crash on the couch for two or more hours.  I remember thinking one day that even my bones were exhausted.  I'm not sure how I managed to go to work everyday, cook, run errands, and keep the house running.  When I came home, all I could think about was somehow making it to 9 PM so I could go to bed.  

I feel better.  Somedays I am actually surprised by that.  I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to not be sick and tired.  I'll catch myself looking at the clock and realize that it is after 9 PM and I still feel human.  When I get tired (normal tired),  I find myself fighting  a sense of panic that the mono has returned.  It hasn't, and I'm thankful.  

No comments: